Thursday

A brief history, Warhammer and me


"Statistics, Logistics, Economics, Tactics, Luck, and Determination or How To Be A Good Theoretical General." Post 001

"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war. Defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win." Sun Tsu

I've been playing Warhammer 40k for about 13 years now, and as a guy it started the same way most guys get into things, with a picture (see picture above). After I saw that book at the local hobby shop that there was no turning back. I found out that one of my friends had some miniatures from a year before that he had never put together and but had never really planned on playing the game. After a quick chat with him and about a months worth of chores I got my first minis (two tactical squads, a whirlwind, and Captain Tycho). After reading though the 3rd Edition Rulebook and the Blood Angel codex I played my first game, which looking back on it was nothing like the actual game is played, but I guess thats what most peoples first at home game is like XD.

Some time passed, a few more of my friends started playing, and we all started getting the actual rules of the game down. Then they built the Games Workshop store in Oakridge Mall, many summer days were spent at that store from open to close for the next few years. As the years pasted I became wiser with age and as such because a very powerful player. With my imagination I found myself as one of the best players in the region with only a hand full of loses under my belt. Last year they started holding monthly rouge trader tournaments at the regional games workshop HQ at Alamo, CA and I went 3 for 3 in Best General and 1 for 3 Best Overall (2 in 1 ^^) in there first three tournaments with my new Ork army.

As of late I've been working on making my own space marine special characters and revising old characters to be used with the new codex as well as trying to come up with the most powerful army lists I can for each codex (I'll be posting these so I can get some opitions and so people can try them themselfs).

And that is my Warhammer career so far in a nut shell, more information and my history as a gamer will be mentioned later when they become reliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment